• Ever heard of spa water? This is so simple, but so fabulous. If you have an infuser pitcher, great. If not, that's OK too. Fill a pitcher of your choosing (glass ones get an A+!) with ice and fruits/veggies of your choosing. Add filtered water and let the yummy flavors work through your H20! Want to take a step (or two) further? Put berries in your ice cube tray to make fruity cubes. Also instead of using a pitcher, use a beverage dispenser (so cheap at Target!) and keep it on display. Tastes good and looks good.
• On to tip two. I lovelovelove Coach perfumes, but unless I save up (and buy no clothes in the meantime) I'm not going to be purchasing a bottle. Solution? Samples. (See my post about getting perfume samples for all the details on where to go!) This way you don't have to commit to just one, anyways. Try 'em all out, and spend that extra money on adorable new skirts or lunch for some friends!
• Next? Candles. Again, this is a no brainer. So it seems. But candles must be done right. You have some options: A tall pillar in a fun print (check Target! I seriously got a purple houndstooth candle for like $4) standing alone on a small glass tray looks fab. Scented candles add extra luxury by spreading your favorite scent throughout your home! Quirky candles...again, check Target. I have a set of 3 hedgehog candles. I haven't yet had the heart to burn them, but they sure look adorable.
• Photo gallery. You do not need to spend a fortune at a framing shop to have a gallery wall. What did I do? Went to the dollar store by my house and bought five matching frames. Came home, searched through my stack of Vogues and found a six page VERSACE spread from which I chose the five best and arranged them on the wall above my bed. Granted, I shouldn't have hammered into my walls at 11PM, but oh well. My neighbors got over it. Remember: always decorate with odd numbers! It's one of the most important principles of design.
• Matching hangers. Again, Target is the best place for this. They have a pack of about twenty hangers for like $2. Even better...they have such colors as pink and green! I use black for my tops, green for my dresses and pink for my sweaters. It's one of my fave color combos (and one of Kate Spade's faves as well!). By having matching hangers, you can pretend your closet is your favorite store you get to shop every morning, or that you've got access to a fantastic magazine's wardrobe!
• Make your bed, order in, and Netflix a movie. Now, how is this different than any other night at home? Well, for one, your bed might be different (made...right?). But seriously, now you're surrounded by a container of custom spa water, heavenly scented candles, a closet to rival that of any boutique and a professional photo gallery above your bed. Oh, and don't forget your new perfume collection. What's your new signature scent? I'd love to know.
These ideas only scratch the surface of how I live large on a small budget every day. Sign up for my weekly email for more, or just comment below about what you personally would like to know, and I'll get right back to you with some special tips!